Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy birthday to you again and again

Today was an entertaining one!

My 1st graders have some issues with bathroom hygiene. I sent one boy, we'll call him - I was put back into 1st grade and I still missed a month of school to help my mom clean house. Wait - that's too long of a name. Hmm, how about Spacey instead. He's in his own world some, no most, days. So he goes to the bathroom and comes out. I send him to flush. He comes out. I send him to wash his hands and it took about 5 seconds. No soap. Try again Spacey - with soap this time. 10 seconds later, he's done. Ok, Spacey, sing happy birthday to yourself while you scrub your hands. Then rinse. So I hear Spacey, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" over and over and over. Apparently without an actual name, the song is stuck there forever. I had to stop him. I told the next boy to sing Twinkle, Twinkle. Sadly, he didn't know that one.

Another one of my 1st grader girls was telling me about some 4th grade girls who got in trouble. She said, "they wrote g-a on the bathroom wall. Our school is g-a. Oh and a y." Then she told me how the principal came down. "I can't remember her name - the one with the gray hair."

My boy who was so interested in my sunburn is still checking out it. He grabbed my arm today and pulled at my shirt sleeve asking if I was still red. I told him no, just a little pink. He flipped my arm over and said, "Oh, here's a little white!"

Ok, I have to pack for VEGAS!!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: