Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Christmas Wishes


Our school has a door decorating contest. I really don't care for them because it usually is what teacher spends the most time decorating, not showing off the what the students do. I came across this idea for a bulletin board at Caffeinated Teacher and decided to adapt it for our door. I had my K-2 students tell me what they wished they could give or do for someone else for Christmas. We had a discussion about people less fortunate than us, so most of them caught on. We made a small letter to Santa that folded into an envelope from here. Then my 3rd-5th graders wrote a longer wish explaining why they wished that. We put their stories inside a gift box to open and read. I thought it came out cute!
tag to encourage people to read our wishes


inside a letter

a box opened

2 comments:

Raye said...

I love it! So cute!

Sarah said...

It turned out great! And I bet the kids had fun doing it too ;)