Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Socks

Today my laughs came from 2nd grade. One of my boys, we'll call him Chatterbox, was very excited when I picked him up for class. He was almost skipping down the hall. Then he suddenly stopped and turned to me while holding up the legs of his pants. "Mrs. Z, you like my socks?!"

I'm expecting some design of Superman or some other character. Or maybe just a cool design. Or something. Nope, they look like plain ole black socks to me. Now I'm confused. Am I missing something special on these socks? Finally I ask. "Chatterbox, are they black socks?"

"YES!"

"Ok, yes, they're nice." I'm thinking why in the world are you so enthused about black socks. I didn't have to wait long.

"They're my mom's socks! She has lots of black socks. So does everyone at my house. Not me. So I'm wearing her socks!"

Alrighty then. He may regret telling everyone he's wearing his mom's socks, but as long as he's happy!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I am a reading teacher too! Love the name for the blog. We do rock don't we??